2017 upper Midwest hazelnut Growers Conference
The 2017 Upper Midwest Hazelnut Growers Conference will be held in historic Decorah, Iowa on March 3rd and 4th. Friday March 3rd will be focused on processing with equipment of all shapes and sizes on hand to see, touch, and operate. This will take place from 1:00 to 5:00 at the Winneshiek County Fairgrounds; cost is $25 for entry.
A full day of the latest research updates, informative presentations, and stimulating discussion are planned for Saturday March 4th at the Hotel Winneshiek. A noon lunch is provided for Saturday and participants are encouraged to bring their favorite hazelnut treat to share for Saturday morning. Cost is $40 for Saturday only.
Growers with nuts are encouraged to bring nut samples for the nut judging competition. At least 10 nuts from a specific bush are needed for judging.
Growers with processing equipment they wish to showcase on Friday are encouraged to contact Jeff Jensen at 515-320-6756 to secure a spot at the Fairgrounds. Vendors, organizations, or farms wishing to host a table on Saturday should also contact Jeff; the cost is $100 per table.
A full brochure and agenda can be found here.
- What: 2017 Upper Midwest Hazelnut Growers Conference
- Where: Winnishiek County Fairgrounds Community Building - Friday March 3rd
- Hotel Winneshiek - Saturday March 4th
- When: 1:00 to 5:00 Friday, March 3rd and 9:00 to 4:00 Saturday, March 4th
- Cost: $50 for both days, $25 for Friday only, and $40 for Saturday only
Nut Growers Association Annual Meeting and Auction March 25th
Prairie City IA - The Iowa Nut Growers Association (INGA) Annual Meeting & Auction will be held at the Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge located at 9981 Pacific St., Prairie City, IA 50228. Coffee and registration at 9:00 with the business meeting to begin at 9:30, program at 11:00, followed by a potluck lunch and the annual auction of plant material, nuts, scion wood, and more.
All are invited and encouraged to bring a covered dish, salad, or dessert to share for the potluck. Also, don't forget to bring your own plate and serviceware; coffee and drink will be provided.
For more information contact Jeff Jensen at 515-320-6756 or email@example.com
- What: 2017 Iowa Nut Growers Association Annual Meeting and Auction
- Where: Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge located at 9981 Pacific St., prairie City, IA 50228.
- When: 9:00 to 2:00 Saturday, March 25th
- Cost: Free of charge; bring a dish to share for the potluck!